From Robert McKethan: This past Thursday, I had the privilege to work at the Greenway Food Pantry. Because of the COVID-19 precautions we distributed boxes of food to the clients in their cars. In one of the cars was an older lady sitting in the back seat. It was clear to me that this lady was of very limited means. When getting her box, she asked if she could have a birthday cake. I did find brightly decorated cake for her. This lady was extremely appreciative and told me that she was 81 years old. She gave credit to our Lord for her longevity. I took particular note of her next statement. In that statement she said, "the Lord knows me!" I want the readers of this blog to know that this lady of limited means was a great witness to me. Her statement has a message for me and you. This lady of limited means was focused on her Lord rather than her circumstances. In the midst of th...
Hello Everyone - One of the things I enjoy most as your Worship Director is the opportunity to play for you. I am always humbled when I hear folks say that they are able to worship, reflect, and connect with God through the music. I know that for many, music can be one of the best ways to experience God and to worship Him. I am sharing below a few recordings that I did several years ago of some of my favorite hymns. I hope to be able to make some new recordings to share soon, but in the meantime, I hope these may be a blessing to you. Don't forget to check back regularly on this blog, as we are adding lots of new content throughout the week! In Christ, Justin CLICK HERE to listen to the music.
God's Word says in Lamentations 3:22-24: 22 The Lord’s loving kindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.” With all that is going on in our world today, these words bring an important message to us. No matter what, God is faithful in his compassion, mercy, and love! I hope you will enjoy this (very homemade) recording of the beloved hymn, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness." The words are listed below for you to reflect or sing along as you listen. Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father, There is no shadow of turning with Thee; Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not As Thou has been Thou forever wilt be. Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy ...
Comments
Post a Comment