Pray for the Persecuted Church


Since early March, our Sunday worship experience has transitioned from the Greenway sanctuary to our homes.  Although I miss seeing my Greenway brothers and sisters, I do know that, in the not too distant future, we’ll again gather to worship at Greenway.    As I think about worship in the home setting, my thoughts turn to our brothers and sisters who secretly worship in their homes around the world.  Many of our international brothers and sisters worship in their homes because of the very real threat of violent persecution.  Unlike us, they do not know when, if ever, they will be able to publicly worship our Lord and Savior.   As I worship in my home, my thoughts and prayers gravitate to my international brothers and sisters in the persecuted church.    
Matthew 5:10 - Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Thank you to Robert McKethan for this contribution!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve, 1968

Our Creator Will Sustain Us