The Lord Knows Me!

From Robert McKethan:
This past Thursday, I had the privilege to work at the Greenway Food Pantry.  Because of the COVID-19 precautions we distributed boxes of food to the clients in their cars.  In one of the cars was an older lady sitting in the back seat. It was clear to me that this lady was of very limited means.  When getting her box, she asked if she could have a birthday cake. I did find brightly decorated cake for her.  This lady was extremely appreciative and told me that she was 81 years old.  She gave credit to our Lord for her longevity.  I took particular note of her next statement. In that statement she said, "the Lord knows me!"
I want the readers of this blog to know that this lady of limited means was a great witness to me. Her statement has a message for me and you.  This lady of limited means was focused on her Lord rather than her circumstances.  In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we also ought to know that our Lord knows each of us...regardless of our personal circumstances.  Our Lord knows us and protects us.
Psalm 46:1-3 - God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.

Your brother in Christ, 
Robert McKethan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pray for the Persecuted Church

Christmas Eve, 1968

Our Creator Will Sustain Us